The New Wind Will Determine It’s Worth

Katherine Fleshman, Design and Production Teacher. Experienced in Carver Culture as she has been part of the staff for many years.

Kate Ann Photography

Claudia Rodriguez, Journalist

This year has a new air to it. It feels different from last year. It overall has a calm aspect, and it’s peaceful. This change is visible, I personally can see it through people and the way they interact with the school. 

My friends and I were talking about it today during lunchtime. It feels so much more refreshing, things aren’t so stressful and strange. I believe it was because the world did not know what was going on with COVID, nothing was processed or clarified. As Carver students, that affected us as well, making it hard to adjust coming back to school. It was rough. People were not sure where they stood in the world or how COVID would continue affecting their life.   

People came back to school this year with a different attitude, they filled up the low energy gap we had last year. “There’s positive energy,” Mrs. Fleshman, a Design and Production teacher, commented. 

Another thing that is different about this school year is the fact that we have a new principal and a new team of administrators who have set new rules for us to follow. These rules include: no outside food, less tolerance for class lateness and class passes for every place we go.  Some of us don’t see eye-to-eye with these strict rules and others think it’s a potentially positive change that needs time.