Student Goes Missing After Asking Too Many Questions

Sakura Buker

A Carver Center student has disappeared under mysterious circumstances. The student, who, for the sake of privacy, will be referred to as “LM”, was reported missing last Thursday when they did not attend third period. Security cameras reviewed by an anonymous source report that LM did not leave the building between the last sighting and assumed time of disappearance. Classmates recall the dubious nature surrounding LM’s time in the building on the day of the fated event. “AA”, a junior, notes that LM had been questioning staff and students about the “secret stairwells” of Carver Center. The “secret stairwells” refer to the alleged sets of stairs hidden behind locked doors in the gym and sculpture hallways. Carver Center administration, when questioned on the nature of these stairwells, declined to comment.

LM’s last movements can be tracked via Carver Center’s network of security cameras. Curiously, on the day of their disappearance, gym lobby cameras picked up LM approaching the locker room hallway, a location of one of the secret stairwells. Locker room hallway cameras failed to record LM, administration claims recording malfunction. All other security cameras on that day were in working order. Curiously, a faint yell was heard on the gym lobby camera in the moments of LM’s alleged entrance into the locker room hallway. With the roving clans of mice, perhaps LM came across a pesky Carver Center rodent.

Speculation runs amok throughout the halls of Carver Center. Freshmen and athletes fear walking through the locker room hallway alone, moving in groups to reach their destination. Visual arts students treat the secret stairwell with surprising reverence. An altar to it has been erected on its locked door, adorned with eclectic drawings and crude clay estimates of stairs. Needless to say, the Carver Center student body has been whipped up into a frenzy over the disappearance of LM. This reporter, though, believes that there is nothing awry, simple overreaction on the part of the students, and of course, hopes for the speedy recovery of LM. Carver Center administration has declined to comment on the strange smell emanating from the gym’s secret stairwell.