First Week of the Rest of my Life (or Just the Rest of the Year)

Second+Floor+Halls+of+Carver+Center+during+classes.+

Second Floor Halls of Carver Center during classes.

Sienna Kemp, Journalist

Although school has just started, students are already getting back into a rhythm with strong vigor. Focused students are a common sight in classrooms so far and it’ll no doubt continue to be a common sight. I believe a lot of students this year are taking their studies more seriously than later years, especially after everything that happened with Covid. Maybe it’s a feeling of lost time or maybe it’s just a reaction to the new policies in place this year? Either way, It’s a good change to help get grades up and ready for the future ahead.

It doesn’t take long to spot a science lab in the halls! There was a Physics lab in the hallway, making a linear graph by timing how many times a ball can be passed between two people with 2 meters between them in 60 seconds. It’s great to see science labs and hands-on learning taking place already. I can say, as someone who’s currently taking AP Physics, the labs make everything feel like school is actually back in session.

There’s a lot of new things at Carver this year, new teachers, policies, and of course new students! There are mixed feelings on these recent changes from all sides. The new Hall-Pass policy has mixed reactions, but mostly positive from what I can tell. Some see it as a hassle to go and grab a pass every time you leave a class but others think of it as a new way to just take accountability for doing as  you’re told. 

The new teachers are getting into the Carver groove and have a bright year ahead of them. 

All in all, I see a great year ahead of Carver Center!